Saturday, July 11, 2009

Mummy, I'm sorry.

I feel really really stupid. During that period of time, there was only me and my younger sister at home.

It was 8pm, my stomach was still empty. I recall mum's suggestion through the phone this morning. "If you come home and find that you're hungry, you can steam the big pau in the fridge for dinner." I did exactly the same...NO, not EXACTLY. Something was wrong, I left the the thing to steam and decide to have a rest in the living room. You see, I then fell asleep.

Woken up by my sister, I lifted my eyelids ans saw 'Giant Seremban Siu Pau' before my eyes.
I wasnt really conscious actually. Then I realized, something didnt seem right. It was the smell.. that burnt smell. What happened was, the water in the wok totally boiled up, leaving only heat in the wok, and it started fnctioning like an oven. I'm sure you know what a 大包 looks like. My steamed 大包 turned into a 烧包. Seriously, that block of charcoal bun... kept me stunned. But still, that was my dinner.

The outer layer was so badly burnt that only the filling of the pau was edible. Not long after the discovery, my mum came home. She said she could smell the burnt smell outside the house. Haihz. Great~, now my house smells burnt.

I know, I shouldnt have left the kitchen and then fell asleep. But I was really tired as I went out the whole day and had only 2hours+ of sleep this morning. Maybe you might think that I'm looking for excuses. I'll tell you, NO. I perfectly understand it was my fault.

What I'm trying to say is Dont Play Play with Cooking. If nobody noticed the incident, my house would have been burnt down. So please Be Careful at all times.

That's all i guess. Mummy, I'm sorry!

并没有发你的脾气;只是,我不舍。♥

No comments:

Post a Comment